Pink UP! Upcycle with Komen MA!
Put your “retired” electronic devices to work in the fight against breast cancer in Massachusetts. Upcycling your unused cellphones, smartphones, iPads, etc. is a tax-deductible, eco-friendly way to support our mission -- and at the same time reduce hazardous e-waste from the environment. As a business or individual Pink UP! partner, you can help us to advance breast health and assist women, men and families throughout the state who face the challenges of breast cancer.
About Susan G. Komen of Massachusetts
Susan G. Komen Massachusetts (Komen MA) is committed to saving lives and reducing the impact of breast cancer in our state. From vulnerable populations facing challenges to care such as language, culture or finances to those whose barriers are fear and anguish, Komen MA is a powerhouse of commitment, resources and advocacy.
“1 in 8” is a statistic that has become very well known. While it doesn’t begin to convey the heartbreaking effect of this disease on women, men, and families – this statistic does inspire us every day in our efforts to fulfill a mission of 100% screening, 100% access to care, and 100% follow-up.
Supporting Komen MA is an investment in your community: 75% of the money we raise stays here in Massachusetts for local breast health programs. In the last 5 years, we have provided more than $4.5 million to our community partners for local breast health programs, screening, and medical care. The remaining 25% is pooled with 25% from every other Komen affiliate for large research grants to find new diagnostics, better treatment options and hopefully, not only a cure but prevention. Last year, more than 10 times what we contributed to this pool returned to Massachusetts in the form of awards for research at our exceptional hospitals and universities.
Komen MA is dedicated to fighting breast cancer at every stage by empowering people with the knowledge they need about breast health, ensuring quality care for all, and energizing science to achieve new breakthroughs.
Our Pink UP! campaign offers a new way for businesses and individuals who share our commitment to support our work:
* Businesses can sign on and serve as a collection center for employees, clients, and their entire network of contacts.
* Individuals who want to energize their efforts in the battle to beat breast cancer in Massachusetts can join the campaign by signing up and using their network of contacts or groups (book club, sorority, church group, neighborhood/condo association, etc.) And if you want to make an extra commitment to support us through Pink UP! ask about our Pink UP! Champions contest by contacting [email protected] We are searching for 50 Pink UP! Champions to lead our grassroots campaign. You could win a fabulous prize!
Check out Pink UP! at Komenmass.org.